Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Over the river and through the woods....


On the schedule for today was a 4.5 mile run. I was worried, since the last run on Monday night - my knee was really not happy with me - as I think I blogged a few times it felt like it was totally giving out underneath me.

Danny directed me to a great site last night Sports Injury Bulletin where I read an article about Runner's Knee leading me to diagnosis myself with Iliotibial band syndrome. So I started doing some extra stretches, even found an article which demonstrated a couple of stretches. So I stretched last night and this morning and lo and behold today's run was much better - and my knee feels much better today than it did on tuesday, but it could all be in my head.

So Sara and I set out on our regular route across the bridge (Danny had an early case this morning - we missed you, conversation is just never the same without you). The weather was absolutely beautiful - so far, hopefully not to jinx it, but the fall weather has been spectacular. We continued for an extra 1/4 mile to push our round trip to 4.5 miles. The only part I regret now was that a large chunk of that last extra 1/4 mile was uphill - which was tough at the midway point - but at the top we got through some trees and we could see the road ahead which we will take on our 7 mile run on Friday. The way back was good - got into a groove, stopped talking so much as I concentrated on finishing the run - which I guess made me not the best running partner.

We finished in just under 45 minutes, roughly - 10 minute miles - a little bit faster than we had been running, guess I was pacing this one a little faster. Didn't sprint at the end, but broke into a run. It's amazing how good a run feels - especially at the end of the jog. I wish my stamina was up enough that I could run the whole way (it might be easier on my knees).

I am gonna try to get a picture of the route up when I can figure out how to do that. Until then Map.

More later on preparing to lead services on Yom Kippur (the Jewish Day of Atonement).

Nite all - here's to a 7 miler on Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home