Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Looking toward the future and at the past...

Thinking back - I remember when I started this blog - it was just over a month ago - I think, maybe a month and a half, and Danny, Sara and I had just completed a 6 mile run. I remember being so impressed with myself - this was the longest run that I had ever run. In hindsight - it doesn't seem like such a big deal. This week, alone, I am scheduled for 4 x 5mile runs. 6 miles doesn't seem the insurmountable amount it once appeared. With the half-marathon coming up in 2 weeks, that doesn't seem insurmountable either. No longer am I worrying about finishing - I know I can if I just pace myself properly - but rather what my time is going to be.

I wanted to take a few moments to thank my running partners D&S. Without the two of you I wouldn't be running. It may seem like I pushed you guys to run (Danny I am sorry if I pushed too hard and you are paying for it) but without knowing that you guys were there to run 4 times a week and training together I would never have gotten out there. Philly is going to rock! Also, thanks to all my new RBF friends - you guys have welcomed me into your community and made me feel like I belong. dIt's a great family to be part of. Lastly, but certainly not leastly, thanks to my family and friends. To my parents and family who religiously read my blog (though never comment) from Israel and have been so supportive of everything that I have done. To the friends here who make fun of my running and blogging (I know that you really mean to be supportive) and especially to the person who decided that my blog was important enough to print out in AECOM. To all my close friends who have supported me through everything and without whom a lot that I have accomplished would not have been possible.

I feel cheesy - but I have meant to write a thank you post for a while now. Maybe I should have waited until after the race - but it somehow feels more genuine this way. Thanks to all of you.

So looking toward the future...my next goal is to run a marathon before graduation. Which one? I am not sure maybe New Jersey, maybe Long Island - maybe I like my knees and legs too much to run one. I certainly hope not. I am sure it's going to be hard training through the winter - but I know I can do it - at least I hope I can.

But for now - two more weeks to the Philly half! Cya there Shore Turtle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Mae said...

Good luck in Philly! I'll be right there doing the half with you--enjoy it!!!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Danny said...

awwww....

(thank you)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home