Friday, October 13, 2006

:(

Quick update before the weekend holiday:

Yesterday morning, my foot was feeling better so I tried to run a 5k on the treadmill. It didn't go too well - I felt like I had hit a wall in my training, and was deconditioning, I only made it 2 miles. Danny said this wasn't uncommon and had probably been pushing myself too hard. Anyway, I lost a lot of confidence in my running so when Sara said she was going to do a 3 mile afternoon
run I decided to join her. The 3 miles were a piece of cake - map to follow - we averaged 9 minute pace and felt really good. I had no pain during the run and some of my confidence was returning. Unfortunately as we were driving to pick up dinner I noticed a lot of pain in my knee, felt something strange. I iced it and the pain went away, but my right ankle started feeling weird...

Seeing a pattern here? I am falling apart limb by limb.

This morning I noticed a black-and-blue mark on the outside portion of my right ankle, it looks like somehow I sprained it - don't remember doing that - certainly don't remember any pain.

But anyway - looks like I am going to be taking about a week off from running. No long run as planned today - gonna have to try to do some cardio/cross training next week so I don't decondition too quickly. I am pretty bummed by this development, also feeling that Danny and Sara are going to be leaving me behind as they cruise toward their half - but hopefully this will resolve soon and I will be back out on the paths.

Enjoy running - I am rooting all you guys on from the sidelines.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Aren't you really just getting started with running. It will take awhile for your body to adjust to the new workload. Giving it some time to catch up with your plan is a good thing. Don't worry, you won't fall completely apart after a few days or a week off. Hang in there and glad you made it home safe.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Eli7tw said...

Kivvers, you seemed to be standing pretty well all weekend, but with you who knows how much pain you were in TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! Not that you listen to me anyways, but I try. Who else will I be able to pick on?

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home