Friday, November 03, 2006


Today brought another 5 miles with Danny. We were supposed to run it at race pace. We finished the 5 miles in just under race pace, but we picked it up the last couple miles (8:24, 8:01). It's really hard to know how much further I could have gone - I doubt I could have finished another 8 miles at that pace, but I think I could have slowed down and finished. Pacing is going to be a real issue for me come race day - I am going to have to struggle to not blow it too early. I think I will need to get myself into a good pace group and run with the group.

Sunday is the long run - 12 miles along the West Side Highway. Last time we ran there we passed Flygirl - but I guess this time she will will be running up 1st Avenue and then into the park. Can't wait until I run a marathon - I am so jealous of you guys - it must be such an amazing feeling to finish a marathon - to know that you have done something that very few othes can do - that you pushed your body to the limit and succeeded.

In preparation for the winter running I bought a pair of running gloves - Brooks. I ran in them this morning - they match my shoes. I had a cheap pair of gloves that my hands had a tendency to overheat in - I am sure these new gloves are overkill - but they were comfortable to run in. But the best part is that instead of having a little clasp that holds the two gloves together it has magnets. I am such a science geek! I love the magnets it's such a cool feature!

In other news got the pictures from Sunday's race - not the best pictures that I have ever taken, if only I new how baggy that silly shirt was going to look.
Good luck to everyone running NYC - can't wait to read some race reports.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's what you look like?! that's so different than your profile pic :)

and my hands get super cold so sometimes i'm in shorts and a tank top and gloves....

11:27 AM  
Blogger Eli7tw said...

I love the dorky kiva pictures, its very cute...someone is getting awfully manorexic dear. We will miss you on turkey eve when you are on call (loser)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home