Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Go Speedracer! Go speedracer! Go!

This is a quick post - I am in the middle of packing for my week trip to Israel. Today was the day that I had planned to do some speed training. I am not sure if it's a good idea - but what I envisioned for speed day was to run a 5k. The last 5k I ran was in New Haven, where I had a time of 26:38 (that's 8:35). Today I decided my goal was to run 8 minute miles. I know I cheated since I ran on a treadmill but I finished the 5k in 23:55 (7:43 pace). It didn't even seem that hard. My knee held up well and I felt like I could go further, but I didn't want to push it.

The only depressing thing about it, besides for the fact that it was on a treadmill, is that pace is still not good enough to qualify me for Boston. But! the run totally pumped me up - I definitely think a sub-2:00 half marathon is doable. That's all for now - I will post from Israel, hopefully I will have a map of the run there - that would be cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

hi! thanks for the kind words as my marathon plans crumble into little tiny pieces. :)

i can't remember if i said hello when i stopped by the blog before. i found the link from Danny's. if not, hello!

i'm glad you're having so much fun running. i am 100% sure you can sub-2:00. absolutely.

also, i'm considering my own trip to Israel next summer so I definitely look fwd to hearing about your visit. travel safe and have an excelent time.

Audrey, Running Shorts

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home