Sunday, November 19, 2006

Woohoo PHILLY!

Quick update - don't really have time to blog - I am exhausted and on call tomorrow. Ran the Philly half today. I have to give a huge thanks to ShoreTurtle who picked up our packets for us. Drove down last night with Danny and Sara. The race was great - except for some knee pain that hobbled me a little - finished in 1:57:14! A PR! and a sub-2:00 - which was a major goal for me!

Got a cool tec shirt and medal, pics to come. Met Shore Turtle's wife and mom and Team Shore Turtle - you guys are so cool! Time to show off my medal in the hospital!

7 Comments:

Blogger Eli7tw said...

YAAAAY KIVA!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

Congratulations on a great race! (If you haven't figured it out yet, that's under a 9 min pace!)

Good luck walking around the hospital tomorrow...

12:05 AM  
Blogger rivkayael said...

WOOT!

11:24 AM  
Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Great job on the half! You beat your goal! I apologize for not mentioning the hills at the end.

It was very cool to meet up with Albert Einstein Road Runners before the race.

I'm off from work today, but I'm taking my medal to work tomorrow to show off it too. Hey, we earned 'em.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Maggie Mae said...

That is awesome!!!! You are so cool for doing it in that time--Good for you!!! Glad you enjoyed the Philly half--the very first one!!! :-) We're part of history!

1:55 PM  
Blogger RedheadFangirl said...

Great to meet you and Danny in your C9 gear! A sub 2 hour 1/2-- that's so awesome. Rock the Bronx with that medal!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Maggie Mae said...

P.S. Yes, it was my first half, too!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home